Remember when you played game Transport Tycoon Deluxe in MS-DOS? If you still want play that similar game classic until now, OpenTTD is for you with more better.
OpenTTD is simulation game for managing transport tycoon.
So, what is the feature for OpenTTD?
- multiplayer mode for up to 255 players in 15 companies, or as spectator
- dedicated server mode and an in-game console for administration
- IPv6 and IPv4 support for all communication of the client and server
- support for TTDPatch NewGRF features offering many options for graphics and behaviour configuration/modification
- clone, autoreplace and autoupdate vehicles
- drag&drop support for almost all tools (demolition, road/rail building/removing, stations, scenario editor, etc)
- cost estimation with the ‘shift’ key
- more currencies (including Euro introduction in 2002)
- more hotkeys for even less mouse-clicking
- colourful newspaper after a certain date
- and more…
I am just make a main point feature for this game. You can visit their official website OpenTTD for more detail.
Time to setup, shall we?
Installing this game should be easy. Click download for getting installer OpenTTD
For install manually on any Linux operating system, choose Linux Generic Binaries 32 bit or 64 bit with gzip archive.
Then, follow this command using terminal command line:
cd /home/username/Downloads // Depending where do you save a file location
tar xzf openttd-1.1.4-linux-generic-i686.tar.gz -C /home/username
unzip opengfx-0.4.0-all.zip -d /home/username/openttd-1.1.4-linux-generic-i686/data
unzip opensfx-0.2.3-all.zip -d /home/username/openttd-1.1.4-linux-generic-i686/data
unzip openmsx-0.3.1-all.zip -d /home/username/openttd-1.1.4-linux-generic-i686/data
mv openttd-1.1.4-linux-generic-i686 openttd
Finished. Let’s try to run this game (i hope that there is no error about “sprite”. Depending your Linux distribution, maybe)
Done. I am just guiding you about this game.