Do you want play a racing game like Mario Kart? Well, i like this game too.
SuperTuxKart is a free 3d kart racing game. It’s really fun, realistic and easy for everyone. It can play up to 4 friends on one PC for multi player.
And also, last month they announce a new SuperTuxKart version 0.7.3. So, what is a new feature for this version?
- New Minigolf track
- New Zen Garden track
- New Subsea track
- New Island battle arena
- New Suzanne kart
- New graphical effects
- New weapons ‘Swatter’ and ‘Rubber Ball’
- Added Thunderbird as race referee
- 3 Strikes Battles now displays lives as spare tires
- Improved bubble gum
- See progression during Grand Prix
- Improve physics for tall karts (e.g. Adiumy)
- Lots of bug fixes
- Improved kart control at high speeds
- Better placement of rescued karts
- Transition track-making to blender 2.5/2.6
And it’s time to set up. If you want install manually but you want get latest version and for all Linux OS, download this file first for 32-bit or 64-bit. This should be easy to set-up and i tested in Ubuntu 10.04. I use a command line to set-up (if you like how i do that):
cd /home/<your username>/Downloads // Depending where do you save a file location
tar -xjf supertuxkart-0.7.3-linux-glibc2.11-i386.tar.bz2 -C /opt
Finish set-up. Now in GUI file manager, go to check at /opt/supertuxkart-0.7.3-linux-glibc2.11-i386/bin and double click icon “supertuxkart”. Done, it’s work smoothly and enjoy to play this game.