PeaZip – A Free Software File Archiver As An Alternative WinZip Or WinRar
Looking for software file archiver software that can be easy to use with GUI (rather than using a command line) on your Linux and a free software but the quality software is great, right? You better use a PeaZip for a cost saving your time for compress and extracting a file archive (with GUI).
PeaZip is a free open source software file archiver that can be used in Windows and Linux.
PeaZip Linux interface
PeaZip created file
So, what is the feature for PeaZip?
- Easy to use GUI
- Powerful integration script
- Portable version for running PeaZip from removable devices on any Linux or Windows operating system without installing a full system on your computer
- All in one tool, such as extract, compress, convert, strong encryption files , secure data deletion, save backup scripts, split/join files (file span), compare files, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles, view image thumbnails.
- Created file: 7z, FreeArc’s arc/wrc, sfx (self-extracting) 7z and arc, bz2, gz, paq/lpaq/zpaq, pea, quad/balz, split, tar, upx, zip
- Openingfile (browse, extract, test): 7z, apk, bz, bz2, bzip2, tbz2, tbz, gz, gzip, tgz, tpz, tar, zip, zipx, z01, smzip, arj, cab, chm, chi, chq, chw, hxs, hxi, hxr, hxq, hxw, lit, cpio, deb, lzh, lha, rar, r01, 00, rpm, z, taz, tz, iso, jar, ear, war, lha, pet, pup, pak, pk3, pk4, slp, [Content], xpi, wim, u3p, lzma86, lzma, udf, xar, dmg, hfs, part1, split, swm, tpz, kmz, xz, txz, vhd, mslz, apm, mbr, fat, ntfs, exe, dll, sys, msi, msp, ods, ots, odm, oth, oxt, odb, odf, odg, otg, odp, otp, odt, ott, gnm, doc, dot, xls, xlt, ppt, pps, pot, docx, dotx, xlsx, xltx, swf, flv, quad, balz, zpaq, paq8f, paq8jd, paq8l, paq8o, lpaq1, lpaq5, lpaq8, ace, arc, wrc, 001, pea, cbz, cbr, cba, cb7, cbt and more.
- Great performance, stable and security using proven Open Source technology
Installing this software in Linux is very easy. There is 2 method installation of this software:
For Debian (such as Ubuntu, Mint, etc.) user, click this link DEB (all version) or DEB (i386)
For RedHat (such as Fedora, CentOS, etc.) user, click this link RPM
For Slackware (such as Zenwalk, Vector, etc.) user, click this link TGZ
Done, you already a install fully system on your computer.
Extract installer (portable version)
Download this link file Linux portable version first.
In GUI file manager, you just only extract this file to your computer any location then go to this folder peazip_portable-4.2.LINUX.GTK2 and double click “peazip”.
Or if you prefer using terminal command line, just follow this instruction:
cd /home/<your username>/Downloads // Depending where do you save a file location
tar -xf peazip_portable-4.2.LINUX.GTK2.tar.gz
Execute it and works perfectly.